A woman with a social cause Dr Sudha Kankaria, is a famous name in Maharashtra, not only as a medical doctor but as women for the mission of save girl child in India. She is the pioneer of National Movement Beti Bachav i.e. Save Girl Child movement in India. She started this movement 30 years back. She has won millions of hearts all over the nation and world for her nation building work for social health in India.
Indian society is still biased against girl child who is treated with disrespect and even prevented from arriving in this world. Female feticide is very big problem in India. A preference of boys led to a rise in the abortion of female feticide, as well as neglect the baby girls.
To overcome this big problem Dr. Sudha has develop the many new concepts like Gramsabha resolutions, Fix deposit, some rupees amount for new born baby girl. One Rupee Magic schemes, Facilitation of the parents of baby girl child, Renaming of the unwanted girls Nakoshi, Health Education for all, 8th Oath vow by bride bridegroom in mass marriage ceremonies, ANC tracking project, Awareness about STOP sex selection and selective abortion and the mass oath concepts in society.
She created 11point action plan, Aathwa Fera Stree Janmachya Swagtacha, 8th Vow for welcome girl child, similarly Nakoshi la karuya Havishi, Renaming of Unwanted girls. With this she made new rules for society. Till today more than 1000 Nakoshi became Havishi and more than 10 thousand couples took the Aathva Fera 8th Vow in mass marriage ceremony. Throughout the country this movement got a good response. Rajasthan Health Ministry gave instruction about 8th Vow during marriages, Hariyana Chief Minister granted help for same.
Dr Sudhatai accommodated more than 20 lakhs peoples in this movement through the collective common oath. Taking a collective common oath at the same time on the occasion of Independence Day creates the new history.
1) Gramsabha - ग्रामसभा ठराव व अंमलबजावणी
2) Zone Mapping - परिसर अभ्यास - बोर्ड
3) Celebration of Birth of Girl Child - कन्याजन्म आनंद सोहळा - एक रुपयाची जादू योजना
4) Felicitation of the family having only girl child - फक्त मुली असलेल्या परिवारांचा सन्मान
5) Mass Public Education - मुलगीच आहे पणती - दोन्ही घरी उजेड देती
6) Nakoshi - Renaming of Unwanted Girls - "नकोशी " करूया "हवीशी "
7) Involvement of youngsters - आचरणातून संस्कार व युवापिढीचा सहभाग
8) 8th Vow / oath in mass marriage - आठवा फेरा स्त्री जन्माच्या स्वागताचा
9) ANC Tracking - सामुदायिक डोहाळ जेवण
10) Stop Sex selection - सोनोग्राफी मशीन शाप की वरदान ?
11) Common Oath - सामुहिक शपथ
b) 15 minutes for Goduli